Your business insurance protects you against which disasters? Find out what’s covered and what’s not.
Your insurance protects you against water damage, but not in all cases. It all depends on the coverage you chose when you purchased your policy (endorsements added) and the cause of the disaster:
- Damage caused by a sanitary installation (kitchen faucet, dishwasher pipe): automatically covered
- Damage caused by a city water main break: automatically covered
- Damage caused by water seepage: covered if you choose this additional coverage
- Damage caused by sewer back-up: covered if you choose this additional coverage
- Damage caused by flooding when a body of water overflows: covered if you choose this additional coverage
Theft and vandalism
Covered if you choose this additional coverage
Snow and ice
Automatically covered with an all-risks policy
Wind and hail
- Damage resulting from the quake: Coveredis you have the endorsement
- Damage resulting from a fire, an explosion or from smoke following an eathquake: For some, covered by the home insurance policy while for others, covered by endorsement.